Location: ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive S, San Diego, California 92128
ATA is seeking an engineering technician with interest in modern technology and a fast-paced work environment. A successful candidate will be able to quickly adapt to changes in travel plans and business needs. Experience working in labs and multitasking is critical. ATA Engineering, Inc., is based in San Diego, California, but services clients globally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support engineering staff in conducting test activities on site and at customer locations, including setting up complicated electronic testing equipment and hardware
- Perform test instrumentation, collect data, and prepare documentation for engineers
- Work with engineers who analyze, design, and test amusement park rides, aircraft, launch vehicles, satellites, consumer electronics, sports equipment, and more
- Maintain and track test equipment and maintain lab facility
- Calibrate electronic equipment, including transducers and accelerometers
- Troubleshoot technical problems with electronic equipment and repair as needed
- Assist IT department with maintenance of computer systems and network
- U.S. citizen and able to receive a Department of Defense clearance
- Appropriate educational or training classes normally represented by an AA degree or equivalent combination of mechanical and electronics education, training, and experience with an excellent academic record
- Ability to travel to customer sites (in and outside of California) approximately 50% of the time
- Ability to apply strong mechanical skills to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to work independently and think proactively
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills allowing for careful and precise documentation
- Excellent driving record and current California driver’s license
- Familiarity with experimental techniques and instrumentation such as soldering, strain gages, accelerometers, load cells, amplifiers, etc., is a plus
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to spend long periods of time standing during a field test
- Able to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Able to travel to any and all customer sites via airplane or ground transportation
- Able to work safely in a laboratory test environment, lifting up to 70 lbs of equipment, working with power electronics and electrostatic-discharge-sensitive equipment, and moving safely in cluttered environments or working at heights
- Able to spend long periods of time at a computer to prepare reports and other written documents
- Willing to accept reasonable accommodations when traveling for work purposes
- Able to be mobile for up to twelve hours in a workday (traveling to and from customer
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to email@example.com
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.