Director of Business Development (AL)
Director of Business Development
Location: 1500 Perimeter Parkway NW, Ste 285, Huntsville, Alabama 35805
ATA is seeking a Director of Business Development with interest in business development and account management. An extensive mechanical engineering background with a sociable interpersonal skill set is critical to the success of the candidate. Expanding company awareness through sales, marketing and customer relations will be a primary occupational focus. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual technically proficient in mechanical engineering and an interest or experience in technical sales and marketing. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing an annual sales plan consistent with company strategy, goals, and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide business development and account management services for territories and industries/technologies as defined below:
- For the southeastern United States based in Huntsville, Alabama
- Aerospace, defense, or energy (including renewable) industry experience
- Technically proficient in one or more of the following ATA areas of expertise:
- Structural static, durability, and dynamic analysis and test
- Acoustics analysis and test
- Thermal and fluid sciences
- Optics and robotics
- Mechanical hardware design and development
- Assume a lead role in identifying, developing, shaping, and closing business opportunities to achieve ATA’s business revenue and profit goals while maintaining ATA’s standards of excellent customer service
- Coordinate and lead proposal development:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable services offered and service or timeframe limitations
- Identify key decision maker, budget, competition, and decision criteria
- Lead the proposal-generation process
- Coordinate with ATA project managers on technical content, schedule, and price
- Deliver accurate, timely, winning proposals
- Negotiate with customer’s purchasing organization to close the sale
- Provide key account management support for new and existing customers:
- Identify and build relationships with customers at multiple organizational levels
- Expand knowledge of ATA throughout the client organization
- Proactively identify other needs that ATA can address, and develop new business opportunities
- Expand ATA presence to other client divisions, suppliers, and partners
- Coordinate with ATA technical directors and project managers on current projects to address and resolve issues and maintain/build awareness of on-going technical activities
- Contribute to the development of future marketing strategies for ATA products and services:
- Expand awareness of ATA mission, values, and services in the marketplace
- Participate in industry functions and trade shows in support of the business development team’s goals
- Assist in the development of ATA collateral marketing material and gain customer approval for marketing material release
- Learn ATA products and services, management, staff, and company culture to provide customer service that meets ATA’s high standards of excellence:
- Become familiar with recent and current projects in every ATA technical discipline
- Develop the experience and capability to take a lead role in understanding the technical requirements for business opportunities
- Participate in ATA sales team meetings and planning sessions and coordinate selling activities with the team
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering (M.S. degree in related field is preferred) from an accredited college/university with an excellent academic record
- At least five years of experience as a practicing engineer in structural statics, dynamics, durability, acoustic, thermal, fluids analysis or test, or mechanical design and development
- Three to five years of experience in business development or sales is preferred
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Communicate well in the English language in person, in written documents, via email, and by telephone
- Able to spend long periods of time at a computer to prepare proposals, reports, and other written documents
- Able to sit for long periods of time to participate in meetings and conference calls
- Able to travel to any and all customer sites via airplane or ground transportation
- Able to lift up to 50 Ibs as necessary for transportation of laptop, luggage, etc.
- Willing to accept reasonable accommodations when traveling for work purposes
- Able to be mobile for up to twelve hours in a workday (conference booth monitoring, traveling to and from customer sites, etc.)
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social
- Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.